Monday 28 April 2014

Lock Up Stage - Bricks done and plaster in

I have been a bit busy through the last week so haven'd had any updates for here. They got a lot done in a week, bricks completely up and plaster completely up as well.  I apologise for the poor quality of the photos as I forgot to take my camera to the block and had to use my phone.

I really like the colour of the bricks and the mortar, they work really well together I think.  Hopefully the render colour on the portico will work in well, or at least look as good as it does now being just bricks.  The door will be a cream colour

I cant get inside to take more photos of the plaster work as we are locked out. Hopefully the builders forget to lock it up one day and I can get in there to take a few snaps.

There were a lot of bricks left over, so I asked the builder if we could keep them for a letter box etc. He had no problems as long as we moved them ourself :) So we spent about 2 hours moving bricks.

I have been told we should expect to be in the house end of June, maybe start of July. Hoping that it's quicker than that as it's starting to get expensive renting and paying off the house now.  And of course, to have our own house.




Tiny space between our garage and the fence

View from the back of the block

View from side of house into Kitchen/Dining/Lounge

Weekend date with my girfriend moving bricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment